lovely laura celebrated her 100th blog post at amuse-a-muse with a questionnaire from vanity fair. i quite enjoyed hers, so here's my answers ...
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
feeling COMPLETELY at ease in my own skin.
& living with the one i love, under the golden sun.
2. What is your greatest fear?
failing. i know that sounds really broad, but i know what it means.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
my defensive nature.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
ignorance, hatred & a sense of entitlement to everything.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Bob Dylan - because he inspires me.
Joe - definitely. he's humble, kind, artistic, determined, loving & thoughtful.
and he makes me smile & laugh on my darkest day.
Laura, for being strong-willed & brave. not to mention, she is an exquisite writer.
Alexis. because she is so smart & whenever i need advice, she gives me the most rational explanations. when i need someone to talk to, she really listens & hears me.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
my camera ... and a little black dress i purchased a few years back.
7. What is your current state of mind?
stressed, about money & jobs mostly. i try to remind myself that these things aren't important in the grand scheme of things.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
when i know it's going to make someone really, really mad or hurt. but to be honest, i don't lie too often.
10. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
my nose and thighs. they are both bigger than i would like them to be.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
mm ... i can't really think of anyone in my life that falls under that category.
12. What quality do you most like in a man?
13. What quality do you most like in a woman?
agreeing with Laura - grace, definitely.
14. Which words or phrases do you overuse?
i usually pick different words or phrases every week or so. i like to keep it fresh!
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
the greatest love of my life is laughter.
16. When and where were you happiest?
i'd say that i'm very happy on an beautiful, sunny day with Joe & Gizmo.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
i wish i could take pictures effortlessly. i struggle with the settings on my camera pretty often & it usually takes a lot of trial and error before i get it just right. that's called learning, isn't it?
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
when i hear people say negative things to me, about me, i take it to heart. i wish i could just brush it off instead of holding onto it. i want to stop taking people so seriously!
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
moving 1000+ miles away from home when i was 18.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
i'm not sure, really ... probably some sort of spiritual animal ... a wolf, a deer ... maybe a tree ..?
21. Where would you most like to live?
sweden, texas, the redwood forest, australia, the english countryside, or a treehouse!
22. What is your most treasured possession?'
agreeing with Laura - my health!
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
when i'm so very alone, emotionally.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
being kind & cute.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
honesty, kindness & sincerity.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
alice walker & bob dylan. i also quite enjoy jack kerouac.
28. Who is your hero/heroine of fiction?
bob dylan - in his songs
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
this is going to sound rather redundant, but bob dylan. and my grandparents ... because they saved me from myself in a lot of ways.
What are your favorite names?
Henry, Liam, August, Grace
32. What is it that you most dislike?
materialism & large crowds
33. What is your greatest regret?
not defending my brother against bullies when we were little.
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
the plan is to not have a plan. & "don't talk unless you can improve the silence." - new england saying
i went to target today to check out liberty of london for target & all i have to say is wow. i was impressed!
they have a little bit of something for everyone. i ended up purchasing a bathing suit... which i can not find a picture of, but i will mention that the quality is outstanding!
side note: i am so looking forward to the garden collection at h&m (march 25th!) ... god, i sound like an undercover marketer, don't i?
also... i still need your help deciding about the road trip dilemma! where to go - what to do? we were planning traveling somewhere south of wisconsin, so i would love to hear your suggestions :-)
(image found here)